Westmoreland develops products and processes that we believe have potential beneficial application. We may then introduce these to the market; however, our goal is to pass these on to a larger or more focused entity to grow the sales and market.
If you have a need for a particular process or product that you feel we can help lend a hand in developing, please contact us for a free confidential discussion. We have a passion for R&D and a very broad knowledge base, both as a company and through our network of contacts.
Here is a partial list of projects we have worked on and industries in which we have worked.
- Thermal Energy Storage for CSP and GenIV nuclear
- Aluminum contact refractories
- Molten salt contact refractories
- Ceramic based tissue scaffolding
- 3-D printing of ceramics
- Pulp and paper processing
- Composite manufacturing processes
- Heat recovery in primary aluminum processing
- Refractory lining design strategies
- Process vessel design and/or modification
- Custom refractory composition design
- Energy/Energy Storage
- Pulp and Paper
- Other light metals
- Carbon sequestration
- Process chemical recycling
- Waste heat collection and conversion